Sunday, July 15, 2012

Spice Mix for Blackened Fish

During my pregnancy, one of the things I craved the most was fish. Not just any fish, big juicy steaks of salmon, mahi-mahi, and tuna. Since those are no-no fish for pregnant women (due to the possibility of high mercury content), it was a longing unfulfilled. As soon as Julian was born, I started grilling up as much deep sea deliciousness as possible.

One thing I love is blackened salmon - the sweet, flaky salmon - the smokey heat of spices - that's a sexy combo. I found this mix of spices, intended for tilapia, on the Food Network site. I changed it up just a little, in keeping with what I had on hand, and used it to season some beautiful salmon steaks. Perfection!


Spice Mix for Blackened Fish
3 tbsp parika
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!